Trusted Business & Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyers in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Jose, Sacramento, and Surrounding Areas in California
Bankruptcy is a legal tool that should be considered when you are faced with debt that you cannot pay. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, the attorneys at Talkov Law can help you get back on sound financial footing. While sometimes we are able to develop workout plans with creditors that do not require bankruptcy, we are also able to provide relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Even further, we are experienced in negotiating fair resolutions with the trustee on behalf of creditors, debtors and interested parties when these issues arise. To the extent a fair resolution cannot be reached, we are ready and able to bring the matter forward to the court to obtain a judicial resolution. Are you an individual or business owner that needs relief from your debt? The bankruptcy attorneys at Talkov Law can help.
Our goal in every bankruptcy case is to achieve an optimal result by advancing our clients’ interests as efficiently as possible. We accomplish this goal by developing a unique strategy after a careful assessment of the facts in the case.
Scott Talkov – President / Attorney, Talkov Law
Experienced Bankruptcy Attorneys Serving Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Jose, Sacramento, and Surrounding Areas in California
Many times, the representation we provide in bankruptcy involves nondischargeability adversaries under Section 523(a) of the Bankruptcy Code, including claims that debts are:
For money, property, services, or an extension, renewal, or refinancing of credit, to the extent obtained by false pretenses, a false representation, or actual fraud under 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(2)(A);
For fraud or defalcation while acting in a fiduciary capacity, embezzlement, or larceny under 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(4);
For a domestic support obligation under 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(5);
For willful and malicious injury by the debtor to another entity or to the property of another entity under 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(6);
Owed to a spouse, former spouse, or child of the debtor not deemed a domestic support obligation incurred by the debtor in the course of a divorce or separation or in connection with a separation agreement, divorce decree or other order of a court of record, or a determination made in accordance with State or territorial law by a governmental unit, such as a property division, under 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(15).
Bankruptcy Liquidations and Reorganizations
The experienced bankruptcy attorneys at Talkov Law have experience in:
Chapter 7 liquidations for individuals and corporate entities, which is commonly used when an individual has minimal assets.
Chapter 11 reorganizations for individuals and corporations
Chapter 12 family farmer reorganizations
Chapter 13 individual reorganizations, which is commonly used to cure mortgage arrears and for other purposes allowed by the Bankruptcy Code.
A highly skilled bankruptcy attorney can help you escape the pain of endless creditor phone calls, unmanageable debt and secure a new financial future. Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys can assist debtors who are looking to use bankruptcy to:
Stop harassing creditors
Lower interest rates
Stop IRS levies
Stop wage garnishments
Stop IRS levies
Maximize the Homestead Exemption
Talkov Law is particularly skilled in filing involuntary bankruptcy against persons and entities with assets or income that refuse to pay their undisputed debts. The requirements under 11 U.S.C. § 303 are strict, and the ramifications of filing an involuntary bankruptcy are serious. It is important for creditors to consider their options by consulting with an attorney who has successfully filed multiple involuntary bankruptcy petitions that have cause clients to be paid substantially or in full. Purported debtors faced with an involuntary petition should also consult with an experienced bankruptcy litigator to consider the numerous options available, including potential dismissal of the petition and negotiations with creditors.
Bankruptcy Adversary Attorneys in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Jose, Sacramento, and Surrounding Areas in California
Even further, we often represent creditors, trustees, debtors and interested parties in litigation involving claims relating to:
- Whether real estate or personal property is property of the bankruptcy estate, meaning it was property of the debtor or community property on the petition date, 11 U.S.C. § 541;
- Demands to turnover property to the estate to the trustee or debtor-in-possession under 11 U.S.C. §§ 542 and 543;
- The strong-arm powers of a trustee to avoid certain transfers under 11 U.S.C. § 544;
- Preferences, also known as preferential transfers, made in the 90 days before the petition date, or up to one year before the petition date for insiders, under 11 U.S.C. § 547;
- Fraudulent transfers and obligations in the two years before the petition date under 11 U.S.C. § 548;
- Fraudulent transfers in the four years before the petition date subject to California’s Uniform Voidable Transactions Act (UVTA), formerly known as California’s Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act (UFTA), under California Code § 3439 et seq., which can made applicable by 11 U.S.C. § 544(a)(3);
- Compelling abandonment of property of the estate under 11 U.S.C. § 554.
- Filing and objecting to claims under 11 U.S.C. §§ 501 and 502.
- Objections to discharge under 11 U.S.C. § 727.
Our attorneys also represent creditors in contested matters, such as:
- Motions to dismiss or convert under 11 U.S.C. § 707.
- Relief from the automatic stay under 11 U.S.C. § 362.
Skilled in Negotiation with Chapter 7 Trustees
When creditors, debtors and interested parties have disputes in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, they often involve negotiation and litigation with the Chapter 7 Trustee. Our familiarity with Chapter 7 trustees allows us to develop appropriate strategies to resolving disputes in bankruptcy. We understand the incentives of a chapter 7 trustee. We have represented, litigated against, and negotiated with many Chapter 7 trustees throughout California.
Why Hire a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
Bankruptcy law is complex. Going through bankruptcy can be an extremely stressful and emotional process. Why risk the chance of losing your personal property and other assets when you can hire an attorney to help you navigate the landscape of bankruptcy.
It is crucial you have legal representation on your side when filing for bankruptcy. An excellent attorney will be able to take you on a smooth journey throughout the bankruptcy process and ensure that your legal rights are protected!
Attorneys Representing Debtors, Creditors, Trustees and Interested Parties in Chapter 7, 11, 12 & 13 Bankruptcy Filings in California
Often times, Talkov Law is involved after a debtor has filed for bankruptcy protection. In those situations, we often represent:
Creditors in Bankruptcy and Adversary Proceedings
Bankruptcy Trial Lawyers for Interested Parties in Bankruptcy and Adversary Proceedings, including co-owners of property, ex-spouses of a debtor, family members of a debtor, business partners of a debtor and others who may become involved in a bankruptcy
Debtors in Bankruptcy and Adversary Proceedings involving creditors, ex-spouses, family members, Chapter 7 Trustees, Chapter 13 Trustees, Chapter 11 Trustees, and the United States Trustee (U.S. Trustee)
Chapter 7 Trustees to locate and liquidate assets to maximize the value of the Estate for the benefit of creditors
Business Bankruptcies in Chapter 7, 11 and 12, as well as business owners in Chapter 13
Consult a Trusted Bankruptcy Attorney in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Jose, Sacramento, and Surrounding Areas in California
Being involved in the bankruptcy can be a difficult for all involved. If you need a bankruptcy attorney in California, call the highly rated and experienced bankruptcy lawyers at Talkov Law today at for a free analysis of your situation. We will help guide you through which options in bankruptcy benefit you the most.
The bankruptcy attorneys at Talkov Law are skilled in the areas of:
- Business Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Adversary Proceedings
- Bankruptcy Nondischargeability
- Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy & Divorce
- Creditor Representation
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney
- Orange County Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Francisco Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Bernardino Bankruptcy Attorney
- Riverside Bankruptcy Attorney
- Palm Springs Bankruptcy Attorney
- Palo Alto Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Jose Bankruptcy Attorney
- Sacramento Bankruptcy Attorney
- Santa Barbara Bankruptcy Attorney
- Redding Bankruptcy Attorney
- Oakland Bankruptcy Attorney
- Monterey Bay Bankruptcy Attorney
- Long Beach Bankruptcy Attorney
- Walnut Creek Bankruptcy Attorney
- Santa Rosa Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorney
- San Gabriel Valley Bankruptcy Attorney
- Bakersfield Bankruptcy Attorney
- Fresno Bankruptcy Attorney
Talkov Law is considered a debt relief agency since we are able to assist people and companies in filing for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code throughout Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Jose, Sacramento, and Surrounding Areas in California.