Talkov Law Blog

Stipulation for School Communication Talkov Law

Stipulation for School Communication with Step-Parents and Grandparents [Educational Rights Stipulation Example Form Template]

Generally, California schools can only communicate with birth parents about any issues or concerns regarding their children as a result of certain privacy laws. Problems can arise when involved caregivers who are not biological parents, such as step-parents, grandparents, or other third parties, are not allowed to communicate with the school. This privacy law often … Read More

Code of Civil Procedure 873.770 CCP – Taking Setoff from Party Purchaser (Partition Actions)

Code of Civil Procedure 873.770 CCP – Taking Setoff from Party Purchaser (Partition Actions)

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.770 is the California partition statute that explains how the partition referee will distribute proceeds of sale when the purchaser is also a party entitled to some of the proceeds of sale, i.e., when credit bidding may be available. The statute provides that: Where the purchaser is a party or … Read More

Milian v. De Leon true joint tenancy in partition actions

Milian v. De Leon – True Joint Tenancy in a Partition Action

Milian v. De Leon (1986) 181 Cal.App. 3d 1185, 1195 Milian v. De Leon is one of the most fascinating cases in California partition actions in that it found that, “once the court in a partition action has determined that a true joint tenancy exists, it may not order reimbursement or contribution on account of differences in … Read More

Talkov Law Orange County Office

Talkov Law Announces New Headquarters in Newport Beach

Talkov Law Corp. is excited to announce that the company headquarters will now be in Newport Beach, California. Our new Orange County office is located at 4000 MacArthur Blvd Ste 655, Newport Beach, CA, 92660. Originally founded in 2020 by Attorney Scott Talkov, Talkov Law has represented hundreds of clients throughout California with their partition, … Read More

What is a partition action in California

What is a Partition Action in California?

Real Estate Partition Definition in California A partition action is a court-ordered equitable division of property. When one or more co-owners disagrees on what to do with a co-owned property, a partition action can be started to force the sale of the subject property. This definition of a real estate partition shows how a partition … Read More

Supervised Visitation California Custody

Supervised Visitation FAQs

Supervised Visitation FAQs What is Supervised Visitation? The public policy of the State of California is to protect the best interests of children whose parents have a custody or visitation case within the family courts. Custodial stability, continuity, and a loving parent-child relationship have been classified as the most important criteria for determining a child’s … Read More

How to Register and Modify an Out-of-State Child Custody Order in California

How to Register and Modify an Out-of-State Child Custody Order in California

Parents are sometimes involved in a custody dispute that involves more than one state. Another state might issue a child custody order, but the child and/or a parent is in California. Registering an out-of-state custody order is a necessary step before a parent can seek enforcement or modification of the order. Find out how to … Read More

child custody guide for dads fathers rights attorney

Child Custody Guide for Dads

California family law judges try to ensure that the decisions they make are in the best interest of the children involved. In the absence of concerns such as abuse or substance use issues, when awarding full custody to one parent is best, this often means maintaining contact and relationships with both parents. A Father’s Guide … Read More

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 115 customer reviews.

Contact Us to Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation

Awards and Recognition

US News and World Report Scott Talkov

We Have Been Featured On:

The Real Deal

Recent Blog Posts

The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.