Code of Civil Procedure 872.110 CCP – Superior court; jurisdiction; venue (Partition Actions)


California Code of Civil Procedure 872.110 is the California partition statute that specifies the requirement that a partition complaint must be filed in the county where the real property is located. The statute provides that:

(a) The superior court has jurisdiction of actions under this title.

(b) Subject to the power of the court to transfer actions, the proper county for the trial of actions under this title is:

(1) Where the subject of the action is real property or real and personal property, the county in which the real property, or some part thereof, is situated.

(2) Where the subject of the action is personal property, the county in which the personal property is principally located at the commencement of the action or in which the defendants, or any of them, reside at the commencement of the action.

California Code of Civil Procedure 872.110

Contact an Experienced Partition Attorney in California

If you want to end your co-ownership relationship, but your co-owner won’t agree, a partition action is your only option. Our experienced partition lawyers have years of experience ending co-ownership disputes and can help you unlock the equity in your property. For a free, 15 minute consultation with an experienced partition attorney at Talkov Law, call (844) 4-TALKOV (825568) or fill out a contact form online.

Avatar photo
About Talkov Law

The attorneys at Talkov Law solve co-ownership disputes by representing co-owners in real estate partition actions throughout the State of California.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 79 customer reviews.

Contact Us to Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.