Colleen Talkov (Sparks) is an Attorney at Talkov Law with a focus on family law and child custody disputes. Prior to joining Talkov Law, Colleen worked as a family law attorney at a Southern California law firm representing litigants across the State of California.
Colleen is a native Californian who attended Northern Arizona University and went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from California Southern Law School, where she was the youngest graduate in her class.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Colleen gained invaluable knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of the court system and insight into the judicial process during her time as a clerk of the court for the Superior Court of California, County of Riverside. Colleen’s interest in family law was sparked in 2015 when she obtained a position as a law clerk with a California-based family law firm during her last year of law school. Colleen’s particular passion for reaching child-centered results has continued to grow with her skill and knowledge over the years.
Colleen is a skilled and compassionate attorney who offers options to clients who need someone who can fight for them in a way that they have not yet discovered. Colleen understands that no one really “wins” in family law and she is able to help her clients find personalized and tailored solutions to their problems, inside and outside of the courtroom. Colleen is able to harness her legal knowledge and skill to reach favorable settlements for her clients outside of court whenever possible, and advocate for their interests in the courtroom when settlement is not favorable.
Colleen believes that stellar legal representation involves not only delivering positive results for the clients she represents, but also reducing client anxiety during the legal process. To that end, she is committed to providing highly skilled legal representation while working closely with clients to minimize stress.
With experience in handling both routine and complex family law matters, Colleen can guide you through the complexity of the legal process while delivering peace of mind, and positive results.
Ultimately, Colleen strives to craft the best legal strategy tailored to each case, while steering clear of tactics that would unnecessarily drive up the cost of litigation. Colleen is responsive, prepared, and appropriately aggressive from start to finish. We invite you to take the first step toward protecting your family by scheduling a free consultation today.
Colleen has also volunteered her time as a scoring attorney for the high school students competing in Riverside County Mock Trial competitions and is active in the Pick Group of Riverside Young Professionals and Riverside County Bar Association. She has also been quoted in the Los Angeles Times for her expert opinion on how divorcing couples will divide property.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Restraining Orders
- Child Support
- Family Law Contempt
- Los Angeles Child Custody Attorney
- Orange County Child Custody Attorney
- Riverside Child Custody Attorney
- San Diego Child Custody Attorney
- Fresno Child Custody Attorney
- San Francisco Child Custody Attorney
- San Bernardino Child Custody Attorney
- Victorville Child Custody Attorney
- Palm Springs Child Custody Attorney
- Palo Alto Child Custody Attorney
- San Jose Child Custody Attorney
- Sacramento Child Custody Attorney
- Santa Barbara Child Custody Attorney
- Redding Child Custody Attorney
- Oakland Child Custody Attorney
- Monterey Bay Child Custody Attorney
- Long Beach Child Custody Attorney
- Walnut Creek Child Custody Attorney
- Santa Rosa Child Custody Attorney
- San Fernando Valley Child Custody Attorney
- San Gabriel Valley Child Custody Attorney
- Bakersfield Child Custody Attorney
Honors and Awards
- Justia – 10 out of 10
- Expertise – Best Family Lawyers in Riverside
- Lead Counsel Rated – Thomson Reuters – Family Law
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best Family Law Attorney
- Avvo – Clients’ Choice Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Riverside County Bar Association, Member (2016-Present)
- Riverside County Barristers Association, Member (2016-Present)
- Pick Group of Riverside Young Professionals, Member (2019-Present)
- The Los Angeles Times – When Bill and Melinda Gates divorce, who gets the 66,000-square-foot mansion?
Colleen can be reached by email at colleen(at)talkovlaw.com and (844) 4-TALKOV (825568)