Bankruptcy Creditor Lawyers Serving Southern California
Talkov Law is particularly skilled in representing unsecured creditors, secured creditors and interested parties in bankruptcy proceedings in the Inland Empire. We represent banks, companies, credit unions, individuals, insurers and other financial institutions with regard to matters occurring before, and after, the commencement of a bankruptcy case. Our clients also include lessors and lessees of commercial properties, partnerships and other parties involved in bankruptcy matters.
Businesses in Riverside and San Bernardino counties rely on our expertise for:
- Involuntary bankruptcies against persons and entities with assets or income that refuse to pay their undisputed debts under 11 U.S.C. § 303;
- Motions to dismiss or convert bankruptcies, usually when debtors try to file for a chapter of bankruptcy that benefits them by allowing them to retain their assets or income, thereby harming creditors in violation of the best interest of creditors test under 11 U.S.C. § 707 (Chapter 7), 1112 (Chapter 11), and 1307 (Chapter 13);
- Relief from stay to proceed in non-bankruptcy forums, to complete foreclosures (trustee sales), unlawful detainers, and repossessions under 11 U.S.C. § 362;
- Non-dischargeability adversaries to obtain a court order that a debt, whether reduced to judgment before the bankruptcy or not, is exempt from any discharge in the bankruptcy under 11 U.S.C. § 523; and
- Denial of discharge adversaries to obtain a court order that a debtor is not entitled to a discharge in bankruptcy due to bad acts, which often involves a significant non-disclosure or false statement in their petition, schedules, statement of affairs or at the meeting of creditors under 11 U.S.C. § 727.
Contact a Bankruptcy Creditor Attorney in Riverside, California Today
Creditors have important rights in bankruptcy court. If you are facing a bankruptcy that may impact your rights to money or property, it is critical to protect your rights and speak to an experienced and creative bankruptcy creditor’s litigator right away. The time limitations to assert your rights are very short in bankruptcy court, and those rules can be strictly enforced, so call Talkov Law today at (951) 888-3300 for a free analysis of your situation
In addition to taking commercial litigation matters to judgment, we pursue the perfection and collection of those judgments. In doing so, we employ our bankruptcy experience to maximize our client’s recovery and minimize the risk of loss due to the judgment debtor’s insolvency. We use our experience with the myriad of bankruptcy issues to help achieve positive results in negotiating or renegotiating agreements, contracts, leases, loans and settlements.
Our bankruptcy creditor’s rights lawyers serve Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Orange County, Los Angeles County and elsewhere in Southern California, including the cities of Riverside, San Bernardino, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Fontana, Colton, Temecula, Norco, Palm Springs and Corona.