webpage stats

Lake Forest Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Lake Forest

Lake Forest is a city located in Orange County, California. It is situated in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains and is bordered by Irvine, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Woods. The city is known for its beautiful parks, trails, and open spaces, as well as its excellent schools and vibrant downtown area. Lake Forest is home to a variety of businesses, including technology, medical, and financial companies. The city is also home to Saddleback College, a two-year community college. Lake Forest is a great place to live, work, and play, offering a variety of activities and amenities for residents and visitors alike.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Lake Forest, California is $717,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Lake Forest, California was 79,921.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Lake Forest

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Orange County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by awarding each co-owner a certain percentage of the property’s value. The court will then order the property to be divided according to the co-owners’ wishes. The partition statutes also provide that if the court finds that a physical division of the property is not possible, it may order the property to be sold and the proceeds divided among the co-owners.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can a partition action be filed for both real property and personal property in California? Yes, all co-owned real and personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.
  • What happens to any debts or liens on the property during a partition action? Secured debts are paid from the sale of the property. Secured lenders named in a partition action are generally dismissed with an agreement to pay the mortgage at the time of the sale.
  • When is a partition action right for my dispute? Generally, parties who can reach their own resolution of a co-ownership dispute are not reading websites about partition law. If you are reading this article, chances are that your co-ownership dispute has reached a level where legal options are being considered. Filing a partition action will bring about a certain result to the co-ownership dispute, rather than letting it linger for years on end. However, if the parties are very close to a settlement, it may be wise to consider a resolution.
  • How long does a partition action take in California?” Most partition actions are complete in 3 to 6 months because most cases settle in either a buyout or agreed sale. However, some cases can drag on for 6 to 12 months.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.

Speak to Our Lake Forest Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Orange County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (949) 888-8800 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Home Security Building & Loan Ass’n v. Western Land & Title Co. – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Home Security Building & Loan Ass’n v. Western Land & Title Co., 145 Cal. 217 (1904), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two companies over the ownership of a piece of real estate. The Home Security Building & Loan Association (HSBLA) claimed that it owned the property, while the Western Land & Title Company (WLTC) argued that it had a valid deed to the property. The court had to decide whether the deed was valid and, if so, whether the property should be partitioned between the two companies. The court ultimately held that the deed was valid and that the property should be partitioned between the two companies. The court also held that the partition should be made in accordance with the terms of the deed, which provided that the property should be divided into two equal parts. The court also held that the partition should be made in such a way that each company would have an equal share of the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Lake Forest in the County of Orange, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (949) 888-8800 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Talkov Law Orange County Office

    4000 MacArthur Blvd Ste 655
    Newport Beach, CA 92660
    Phone: (949) 888-8800

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.